Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Update: Continued Effort



I want to share a bit of what's been going on and some recipes that have been a huge help in our journey so far.


So far Keto has been a pretty good deal. My husband and I have both lost weight and are motivated enough to make this a lifestyle change rather than just a diet. It can be a tad expensive since there is so much meat and special ingredients involved, but that's our choice. A person can live off bacon and eggs, we just like food too much to limit ourselves.

I find it fun to scour through Pintrest boards and websites for alternative recipes and new ideas. Cooking some of these things for hours is another story. I find it fun, but it's still work.

I recently got a Fitbit Zip. I still have my Jawbone UP band, but I'm going to give it away to the first person who wants it (which, right now, is my friend's fiance). It occurs to me that I don't always have pockets or somewhere to really clip it, so this will be interesting next time I wear a dress. Maybe in my boot? Haha!

Remember to follow me on MyFitnessPal (flavorofawkward)!

The usual recipes that we just can't live without are:

Mint Chocolate Chip Clouds
We were both craving Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt like mad people! However, this completely sated us! It mentions a "tang" from the cream cheese, but let me assure you that it's minimal. If you like cream cheese, you'll like these!

Skyline Chili Dip
A Cincinnati favorite! Cream Cheese, Chili, and Cheese. It's meant as a dip, but I just go at it with a spoon!

Caveman Keto's Chorizo Breakfast Frittata
I made it with breakfast sausage one week and it was great, but I prefer it with Chorizo. It just adds so much extra flavor!

Caveman Keto's Mexican Spinach Casserole
Both this and the Breakfast Frittata are on his 7-day meal plan, which is great because the recipes are built for bulk cooking! Any recipes that are meant to last more than one day are very important to us since we don't always want to cook.

Caveman Keto's Lazy Keto Chicken
Another one from the Caveman! It's perfect for a quick meal!

Caveman Keto Stuffed and Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers
We have people over ALL THE TIME and these are perfect for entertaining guests!

Ruled.me Bulletproof Coffee
We use the suggest amounts of coffee, butter, and coconut oil then add a bit of splenda, cream, and irish cream flavoring syrup. It's awesome!

I feel like these are a lot of go-to recipes for many keto-er's. I'll get a list going of more "little known" ones like the Clouds.

Other things that have been a blessing: WATER! Slim Jims (snack size), avocados, pork rinds, and Chipotle.

No comments:

Post a Comment